Monday, June 23, 2008

Like Mother, Like Daughter




Like mother, like daughter. Thats all I can say at this point. Addie is starting to show signs of separation anxiety and I can't blame her for that...she inherited it from her mommy.

When I was little, my mom thought it would be a good idea to work at my grade school so that she could be close to me. Problem was...I knew my mom was only 30 feet from my classroom so any time I started to miss her, I would start to cry and BEG to go to the office to see her. She even told me that if my class was walking the hallway and I saw her, I would start crying if I couldn't go over to her. It also didn't help that I had a total pshyco for a first grade teacher (Mrs. Sullivan that beotch) ...but thats besides the point. Anyway, this separation anxiety didn't end for me in grade school. I was homesick for my mom at summer camp, at work, at piano lessons and even in college. Hell...I was homesick for my mom while I was in Flordia a few weeks ago! So I can't blame Addie for being the same way I was as a kid. And my mom can't blame me for being the way I am, considering how much she clung to her mom as a child. And so I got to thinking about how amazing it is that all 4 of us are around to talk and laugh about this. My Grams, my Mom and my baby girl. All together in one room laughing about how we are all alike. And as you can see from the picture...we all look alike too :-)

1 comment:

  1. I used to hang on to my Mom's leg when she tried to leave me at my Aunt's house for a week over the summer. This in itself would have been understandable if I were little...but I was in high school!!

    ReplyDelete