Saturday, June 28, 2008

Memories...

I was flipping through my "Belly Book" this afternoon and realized that a year ago today...Eric and I found out we were expecting our first baby! I still remember every detail. I wanted to wait a few more days before taking a pregnancy test but because I really wanted to test the "5 days before your missed period" claim on the box...I decided I would take one early. Plus...I was just too damn excited to wait. So when I woke up at 2:00 a.m. after having a dream that my test was positive, I walked into the bathroom (still half asleep) and took the test. I waited the two longest minutes ever, only to see one line. Boo! So I crawled back into bed and figured it was just too early to test (my excuse every time I got a negative). But then when I woke back up at 5:30 for work...I noticed there was a second line!! I ran into the bedroom, jumped on the bed and asked Eric to help me examine it. He said he could see a second line...but it was probably an invalid test. Men...always trying to be so freaking logical. I didn't care...I knew that second line was there. But I knew I would have to take another test so on my lunch hour, I ran to Target and bought another test. Okay...I bought 4 more tests. OKAY...5 more tests of varying brands. I just wanted to be sure you know So anyway, I decided I didn't want to take one at work so as soon as I got home I ran into the bathroom and took the EPT digital test. The little hour glass was on the screen for about an hour (2 minutes) and then it popped up...the word I was waiting to see. Pregnant!! I was so excited. When Eric came home I walked up to him and handed him the test. It took him a minute to realize what it said but when he did...he ran up to me with the biggest grin, reached out his hand...and high-fived me. Yep...he high-fived me. What a goof ball. That of course was followed by a huge hug and kiss. We were going to have a baby. And little did we know that 9 months later we would give birth to the most BEAUTIFUL baby girl in the world. Enter Addison...the love of our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment