Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Super Mom!!

Well...I did it! I did the one thing I thought I would never do. I quit my job to be a stay-at-home mommy! While it was scary and sad to give work my notice, I know this is the greatest decision I have ever made. Getting the opportunity to be home with my baby (and one day my babies) is something I just can't pass up. Eric was given a VERY big promotion recently and that was the last "pro" I needed to tip the scales and make the decision I have been wanting to make since the day Addison was born. I still plan to teach an English class here and there at the college but other than that...my days will revolve around Addie. I can't wait to take her to story time at the library and take her on play dates with cousins Nia, Audrey and Brennan and boyfriends Jackson, Ryder, Connor and Parker. It is going to be so much fun! I know Grandma can't wait for our Wednesdays together :-)  And most of all, I can't wait to witness all of my babies firsts and be there to take care of them when they are sick, color with them on rainy afternoons, help them with their homework (except for math...that will be daddy's job), take them to dance class and baseball practice and do just about everything I can to make them happy every day. I only have 6 weeks left at work and then I can strap on my cape and be the super mom I always hoped to be. Woohoo!!!

1 comment:

  1. YYYEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! I am so excited and happy for you...and for Addie! You will LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete