Monday, July 28, 2008

My New Job Title


Well...only 3 more days until I am a stay-at-home mommy!!!! When I first created the ticker above, I thought " wow...6 more weeks...what the hell was I thinking giving that kind of a notice?" But honestly, I am so happy that I have had the time to really process this huge change I am about to make. Some days, when I hear someone refer to me as the Program Director, I get a little sad thinking about how I am not going to be the director anymore. Someone else is going to have that title. Someone else is going to sit at my desk and work on my computer all day. Someone else is going to get to work with my wonderful student interns (the girls I live vicariously through each day). Someone else is going to chat and gossip with my other office friends over coffee and bagels each morning. Someone else is going to get to do what I have done for the past 3 years and that is a difficult thing to process! But luckily, that someone else is a dear friend of mine and I know she is going to do a fantastic job. And even though I get a little sad thinking about someone else doing my old job, all my excitement comes rushing back when I remember that I get to start the most exciting job of my life...staying home to take care of my Addie! Someone else won't have to babysit my baby girl every day. Someone else won't have to tell me about her nap and feeding schedule. Someone else won't have to tell me about her first steps or her first words. Someone else won't have to take care of her when she is sick and home from school. And because of all this...no one else will ever know her like I do and that is a gift I am so thankful for! Only 3 more days until I can officially call myself a SAHM...the best job title I could ever ask for :-)

2 comments:

  1. Remember, you are trading in your Program Director title for a job that no one else is qualified for but you -and that is Addison's Mom!!! And you are now going to make a million dollars...but in memories instead of dollars! I never regretted once staying home with you. I love you daughter of mine! Enjoy these years...they go by much too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,
    You're going to love being a SAHM. When I left teaching and I had Emma, I thought I would really miss being with my students. And I do....but nothing compared to missing watching my little Emma grow. You're going to love every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete