Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Anniversary To Us!

Despite Eric's black eye, a severe thunderstorm warning and a minor seating assignment mishap (another example of my inability to apply basic math skills)...we had the perfect wedding day! The sun was shining, the flowers were in bloom and I was marrying my best friend. Plus...lets not forget the awesome food, dancing and open bar that followed our romantic ceremony. I think it is safe to say that everyone had a fantastic night, except for my friend who took full advantage of the "all you can drink" policy and wound up falling down a flight of stairs and puking in my brother's car. Ahh.....memories :-)
It is hard to believe that it has been 2 years since our wedding day. SO much has happened! We bought our dream house last summer, we became an Aunt and Uncle AND had a baby of our own! Speaking of our new house, our moving day was on our anniversary last year so we celebrated the big day with a pizza and diet coke sitting on the floor of our new kitchen. Nothing fancy, but a new house is pretty much the best anniversary gift you could ever give someone. So how do we top that this year? Eric thought another baby would be a great gift (I showed him the muffin top I still haven't worked off and I made sure to turn the monitor up extra loud last night to remind him that Addie still doesn't sleep the night) and I think he got the point. I suggested we go out to a nice dinner and then come home and fill up our HUGE jacuzzi tub and relax with some wine. As soon as I said it, we both looked at each other and knew what would make the perfect gift this year....a new hot water heater!!! Yes my friends...we are buying each other a new hot water heater so that we can fill our huge jacuzzi tub. I would say that I am disappointed in the lack of creativity we are both putting into our gift this year but the fact of the matter is... we need it!!! And we are both really excited about getting it (which I think is the saddest part of all)! So after a nice dinner at Shorewood's one and only "fancy" restaurant, we are heading to Home Depot. Now if that isn't romance...I don't know what is :-) 

2 comments:

  1. I'm officially hysterically laughing! That might have been one of the funnier things I've read...
    Happy Anniversary to the two of you & I'll be checking back for a full report on the Hot Water Heater!! LYA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhh...that's freakin hilarious! I can SO relate. Isn't it funny what you consider "gifts" once your married? Happy Anniversary! We love you and can't wait to see you in OCT!

    ReplyDelete