Sunday, August 17, 2008

Look at the Size of That Zucchini!

When I asked Eric not to use Miracle Grow or any other chemicals on our garden this year, he looked at me like I was crazy. I told him I wanted an organic garden and he just smiled and said "whatever you want babe". I know he was secretly thinking that if the garden didn't do well this year, he could blame it on me by saying "Jen wouldn't let me juice it up". But thanks to the BEAUTIFUL weather we have had in Illinois this summer, our garden is doing fabulous!!! My brother's girlfriend Meagan was over again this weekend and she helped me harvest a load of delicious veggies. We have tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, banana peppers, green bell peppers and zucchini. And speaking of zucchini....did you see the size of that thing??? It weighs as much as Addison!!! When I showed it to Eric yesterday, he just pressed his lips together, nodded his head and gave me the that's-how-I-do-things look. Please...men and their obsession with size :-) He also grabbed the zucchini and made some inappropriate gestures with it but I won't go into detail about those since this is a family blog. But seriously...I couldn't believe how beautiful all of our veggies are doing!!!! Addie can't have tomatoes yet but that's okay because I am going to be able to make a TON of tomato sauce to freeze and have throughout the year. I mean, the organic tomato sauce I buy at the grocery store is about $4 a jar on sale and now I am going to have about 20+ jars for the price of a tomato plant!!! This growing and making your own food thing is awesome!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment