Thursday, August 28, 2008

Rock'n, Roll'n and Walk'n


I am amazed at how mobile Addie has become the last few weeks. She rolls ALL OVER the place! And this past week, I have noticed the early signs of crawling. She can get up on all fours and rock back and forth. She has been getting pretty frustrated that she can't go anywhere though, which is why I think she hasn't been that interested in playing on the floor. If she had it her way, she would be standing and walking by now. So with that said, I have decided to invest in a new toy today. 

First of all, let me just say that I am so happy I registered for a jumperoo and exersaucer because Addie uses both on a daily basis (I highly recommend both to all of you new or soon-to-be moms out there). But I can tell she is looking for a new activity and I think the next step is a walker. My mom said my brothers and I LOVED our walker and since Addie enjoys standing while playing, I thought this would be a good choice. I have checked out several garage sales this summer looking for one with no luck. So...I decided to do some research and I think I have made my selection. It is the Chicco DJ Walker. It received excellent reviews and it doesn't look too complicated. Some of the walkers I have seen have a million toys dangling off of it and since her exersaucer already wins the award for "most toys attached to one piece of plastic", I think I would like to stick with a more simplistic walker. 

Anyway, I have a 20% off coupon for Babies R Us that expires today! So I better get my butt out there and pick one up. I will be sure to let everyone know how Addie likes it. 

1 comment:

  1. All 3 of you walked at 9 months. I attribute it to the walker. And you have some great open hallways that I can see Addie running down in this walker. Adam was able to build up quite a bit of speed in his walker! Does that surprise you? Happy mobility!!!

    ReplyDelete