Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday Morning Cartoons!

When I was a kid, I LOVED watching Saturday morning cartoons. My brothers could sleep until noon...even back then. But not me! I was up at 6:00 a.m. and when my mom would make her coffee she would pour me a big bowl of cereal and I would plop down in front of the TV for the next 3 hours. I know some of you anti-TV moms out there are thinking "you watched TV for 3 hours straight!!!" I know, how terrible. But I am personally not on the anti-TV bandwagon. Now don't get me wrong, I have no intention of plopping Addie down in front of the TV for 8 hours a day or letting her watch my favorite shows like "Sex and the City". But I honestly see nothing wrong with letting her watch a few of the great kids shows they have on TV today. One example is Disney's Little Einsteins. She LOVES watching this show! I think it is because the pictures are colorful and they play a lot of great music and sing a lot of fun songs throughout the episode. The characters are cute and they actually make the show educational so when she is old enough to understand what is going on, maybe she will actually learn something form watching them! Either way, I am just excited to start my Saturday morning ritual with Addie. Laying around in our PJs eating cereal and watching cartoons until 9:00...too bad we couldn't start every morning like that :-)

3 comments:

  1. i'm with you, jen. i've always loved tv and i'm not apologizing for it.
    then again, look how i turned out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya sister! I figure if we can both get our Masters degrees and teach others...TV must not have hurt us that bad! Plus...I won't lie...I love watching the cartoons too. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, my mom wouldn't let me watch much tv and all I became was a server.

    I make sure my kids get plenty of tv time. :)

    ReplyDelete