Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Things We Do For Our Babies

So...it turns out that the "nothing" that kept Addison awake the other night is in fact a something. A big old nasty cold. Apparently she felt it long before I noticed it. Poor little bugger. I went into her room at 3:30 this morning to find her with a slight fever and a wicked stuffy nose. After a dose of Tylenol and a good cuddle in her rocking chair, she was out like a light. As I sat there rocking her, I tried to think of how I was going to lay her down. She needed to stay propped up but her bouncy seat was in the other room and I didn't have the heart to lay her down in her crib while I went to get it. She was so comfortable in my arms I decided that I should just stay where I was and let her sleep. So that is what I did...I rocked and cuddled her until 6:00 in the morning. I would have rocked longer but I had to teach my first English class of the semester at 8:00. And even though my back was totally jacked up and I had now slept a total of 4 hours in the past 48...I was still willing to sit there and rock her just so she could get a good nights sleep. Ahhh.....the things we do for our babies.  

2 comments:

  1. Okay...you totally win good mommy award. I would of laid her back down. Both of my girls have colds. I don't how they get it but they do. Do you think it's related to teething?

    I put on vics baby rub and that has helped them. Julia already has her bed propped due to reflux so that helps but Ava I just make sure her head is turned to the side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you win good mommy award for being able to take care of 2 babies with colds! I do think it could have somehting to do with teething, or the airconditioning, or the fact that she was around a few other kids last weekend. Who knows...I just feel so bad for her. She is miserable! I gave her a vapor bath last night and then ran the humidifier, which seemed to help. Her fever is gone today and her nose is really runny so hopefully it is breaking up in there. Poor baby :-( I will have to try vicks baby rub.

    ReplyDelete