Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Welcome to Mommyhood

Yesterday, one of my best friends gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. They named her Sophia Grace and she is just precious. I don't have a picture to post yet, but you can see her at www.bellababyphotography.com if you click website, then client, and enter the password: sophiagrace. She is absolutely beautiful, just like her mommy. I can't help but think back to the day my baby girl was born. The same photographer took pictures of Addie in the hospital and when I look at our first family picture (see black and white photo in the right column), I immediately tear up because I just can't believe how much she has grown over the past 5 1/2 months. I mean...she is sitting up for crying out loud!! How did that happen? One minute she is this tiny little newborn sleeping on my chest 15 hours a day and now she is this giggling, talking, rolling, playing, smiling little peanut that I just can't get enough of. Even when I am dog tired and it is 3:00 a.m. and she decides to wake up for a snack, I can't help but smile and squeeze her tight when I see that cute little face looking up at me in her crib. Now don't get me wrong, it will be f-ing AWESOME when she starts sleeping the night. But for now, I am fine with a little late night cuddle every once and a while. Plus, if I can't fall back asleep, I know I can call Tiffany because she can kiss sleep goodbye for the next few weeks :-) Welcome to mommyhood sweetie! You will love every minute of it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment