Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Hero

I hate running. I absolutely, positively HATE running. In fact, my version of hell is running a track for eternity listening to country music. So any person who runs on a regular basis and actually enjoys it is my hero. My BF Amy is one of my heros. She is a mommy of two darling little boys and in her "spare time" she is training for the Chicago marathon. On Friday, while I was trying to decide if I had the energy to get on the elliptical for 20 minutes, Amy was out running 20 MILES!!! Yes folks...20 miles. And on October 12th, she will run 26 miles. I am just so proud of her. She has worked so hard for this and I can't wait to hear about her crossing the finish line. She likes to joke and say that I could do this too but she doesn't realize that after one mile, I would have intense side cramps. And if I made it to 2 miles, I would most likely have to stop and puke. So while I appreciate her vote of confidence, I will just stick to cheering her on this year. If you would like to find out all the details about Amy's run and all the other fun things going on in the Butterfield household, be sure to check out her blog. Good luck Aims! Mando and I will be thinking of you!

3 comments:

  1. I HATE running too! However since I hate it so much part of me wants to do something like a 5k or other mini run to get out of my little box.

    But for now I will stick with still hating it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Jen! That was just so sweet! THANK YOU soooooo much!!!!! xoxoxoxo

    And I still think you can do it! You and Mando!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am almost out of breath just chasing P sometimes...let alone running 1 mile. Back in the day (B.P.=Before P) I would...maybe...be able to join Aims in this marathon thing, but now...HELL NO! I am so proud of her too! My new idea of exercise is walking the mall when they are having baby sales. :) GO AMY!

    ReplyDelete