Saturday, September 13, 2008

Reading To Your Baby

Let me just say that I LOVE to read. Ever since I was a little girl, I loved going to the bookstore with my mom. I was VERY into the "Berenstain Bears" and then moved on to more mature selections like "The Babysitter's Club" and R.L. Stein. I still have all of those books tucked away in boxes in case Addison ever has any interest in reading them. I am not sure if she will become the avid reader like I am, but I am trying my hardest to expose her to books as much as I can. I love reading to her and she really gets a kick out of looking at the pictures and helping me turn the page. I read a very interesting article the other day about the benefits of reading to your baby. The article said, "Reading will help build your child's vocabulary, stimulate his imagination, and improve his communication skills. In fact, the more you speak to your child form the get-go, the better it is for his growth and development." I am not sure if my reading to Addie will make her a better communicator, but I do know that she is already taking an interest in books (see pic above). I am not sure if she is reading the book or contemplating how to put it in her mouth...but either way...I am happy she is playing with it :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment