Monday, October 13, 2008

My Hero Finished the Race!


A few weeks ago I posted about my BF Amy, who was training for the Chicago Marathon, and I just wanted to say CONGRATS ON AN AWESOME RACE! Amy finished the marathon Sunday...all 26.2 miles. I am just in awe of this accomplishment. I know she has trained so hard for this and I am so proud of her for finishing. She actually made it through the marathon without walking or shedding one tear. I would have been walking...and crying...after about the 5th mile. Oh who am I kidding, I would have been walking and crying after the first mile :-) But I am sure the feeling of crossing the finish line made the whole experience worth it. I think Amy describes those emotions best so I highly recommend checking out her blog. She has a great re-cap of the race, along with a few additional pictures. I just stole these two pictures because I wanted everyone to see how stinkin cute her two little boys are! Ryder and Jac made mommy a great big sign and I am sure it warmed her heart when she ran past them. I am so proud of you Aims!!! You are my hero!

1 comment:

  1. THANKS again Jen! Next year I'll be at homecoming for sure... as long as it's not race weekend!

    ReplyDelete