Thursday, November 13, 2008

Addie's New Friend

While on a shopping trip to Baby Gap, I ran into an old friend of mine. Let me rephrase that...an old BEST friend of mine. Lindsey and I were inseparable for the 4 years we worked at Abercrombie and Fitch during our college breaks. I couldn't wait to get home for Christmas every year because I knew Linds and I would get to hang out. Our favorite things to do were shop, eat Sabarro pizza and watch Legally Blonde over and over again in her Mom's basement. Linds and I shared a lot of great memories together but like some friends do...we lost touch while I was in grad school and Lindsey was starting her career in the city. Time passed, we lost cell phone numbers...you get the point. But thanks to our mutual new-found love of shopping for our baby girls...we were reunited once again!!! 
And after a long month of trying to coordinate our schedules for a play date, we finally made it happen last week. Addie was introduced to one of her new BFFs, Kennedy. Kennedy just turned 2 so she is one of Addie's more mature girlfriends. And let me tell you...she is JUST like her mommy: Beautiful, outgoing and in love with fashion. Kennedy got a new dollie for her birthday a few weeks ago and she showed me the dollie's wardrobe. Lets just say that doll dresses better than I do. And I am not sure how many babies Kennedy has been around, but I think Addison looked like one big dollie to her. She tried to hug her, feed her, and if Addie would have cooperated, she may have tried to dress her too. It was the cutest thing to watch.

Anyway, we had a fabulous play date with Lindsey and Kennedy. It was so great to see what a wonderful mommy Lindsey has turned out to be. I still can't believe we are both mommies! It seems like only yesterday we were driving around in my Grand Prix listening to O.D.B. and talking about boys. And now we are talking about nap schedules and Blues Clues. Ahhh...how things change. I really did miss my BFF and it is nice to have her back in my life. Thank you Baby Gap!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you all were reunited via Baby Gap. Wonderful place!

    I do like your new mantel. I want one.
    Don't forget to come back over to my site to see the pics. of the things I have done in the past when hubby is gone. I just posted them.
    Great day to ya!

    ReplyDelete