Saturday, November 8, 2008

Baby Bath Toys Are Not For Adults

Let me just start by explaining that I am usually not scared to be home alone. In fact...sometimes it is kind of nice :-) And while I do occasionally get spooked by a weird noise or bump in the night, I try hard to think rationally before I start calling people. Well tonight, Grams, Gramps, Uncle Ryan and Aunt Meagan came over for a visit. After I put Addie to bed and everyone left, I went into the bathroom to empty Addison's tub and this is what I found. Someone...or something...spelled out "Help" in Addie's foam bath letters. I would love to think that my baby girl has already learned to spell...but I knew that was not a possibility. So the first person I could think of that would do something like this is my brother Ryan. He is ALWAYS messing with me and this would be a perfect opportunity to scare the crap out of me. So of course I call him and here is our conversation:

Me: Umm..yeah...so what's up with you spelling out "Help" in Addie's tub? 
Ry: WTF are you talking about?
Me: In Addie's bath tub, the word "Help" is spelled out in foam letters.
Ry: I think Addison did it. 
Me: Seriously Ry...I am a little freaked out right now.
Ry: Jen...there aren't ghosts in your house. I bet mom did it.
Me: Oh yeah...mom is ALL about scaring me. She can't even watch Disney's Haunted Mansion without peeing her pants.
Ry: Listen...it wasn't me Jen. I swear.
Me:..........................................really?..........................I gotta call you back.

At this point I decided that I have to pack Addie up and drive to my parents until Eric gets home because I am freaking out. I have seen too many episodes of Haunted America and Paranormal State. I know that "Help" is never a good sign, whether it is spelled in fog on the mirror or written in foam bath letters. So I call my mom and tell her that Addie and I are going to come over because something weird is going on in the house. She asks me what is going on and I tell her about the bathtub. Here is our conversation:

Mom: Oh honey...that was me! I couldn't think of any other word to spell. Hehehehehe.
Me:..............................are you kidding me right now? 
Mom: Sorry honey...I never thought that would scare you.
Me: You never thought the word "Help" spelled out in my bath tub would scare me?
Mom: I was going to spell "Help Me" but I couldn't find another M.
Me:...........................You were going to spell "Help Me" and you didn't think that would scare me?
Mom: Yeah....I guess I shouldn't play with Addie's bath toys anymore huh. Hehehehehe.

I guess I better call Uncle Ryan and tell him he was right. Damn....I hate when I have to do that :-)

5 comments:

  1. OH MY LANTA... I LOVE that story! Made my night! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl! I would have been right there with ya...out of the house in a flash! Totally funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen,

    I have to say I enjoy reading your blog. You are soooo funny and the posts you write are so entertaining! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom sounds like my mom. That really is funny. I completely understand though, I would've been absolutely freaked out myself.
    OMG.........Noggin is on right now and I want to wring their necks through the t.v. Yo Gabba Gabba is on........let's talk about CREEPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen- seriously I was laughing sooo hard! and then I laughed even harder the next day when I saw the "sory" one!! I agree with Heather..I love your blog..it always makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete