For my birthday a few years ago, Eric bought be a great Sony digital camera. It was perfect for what I needed at the time. It was super slim, took pretty nice pictures, and had just enough features to make me happy. But now that I have become a picture-happy mom, I feel like I am ready to upgrade. I figure new baby = new camera. So...I have decided to ask Santa for a new camera this year (especially since he never has any ideas for me :-) But where do I begin???!!! There are so many choices!! I guess the best way to start is to list some features I know I want:
*Small enough to still carry around in a purse or diaper bag.
* Can hold lots of pictures at once (since I am not always good about uploading to my computer every day)
* Video capabilities since I don't always carry around my video camera
* Long battery life (since I am not very good at charging every day either :-)
* Creative abilities with color, zoom, and shutter speed.
* Automatic face detection (this is a feature in newer cameras and I love it)
These aren't very specific features so I am sure there are still hundreds of cameras to chose from. But I started my preliminary search today and I am eyeing up a Canon PowerShot Sd990. Does anyone have this camera? Or better yet, do any of you own a camera that you absolutely LOVE? I think reviews are the best way to decide which camera to get. I would love your input :-)