Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Snow is Coming!

That's right folks...our first snow storm of the season is on its way! I have been watching the weather channel all morning and it looks like we will get anywhere from 3-8 inches, depending on temperature and lake effect snow. I know that about 95% of the people living in Chicago right now are not happy to hear this forecast, but because I am really looking forward to a white Christmas this year...I say bring it on!!! I love snow in the month of December but once January is here...I am over it. But for now, I can't wait to see the ground and trees all covered in white! Plus, I am so excited to bundle Addie up in her little snow suit and take her outside to make her first snow angel! When my brothers and I were growing up, we were out in the snow ALL the time. My Dad always had the sleds and snowmobiles ready to go for us as soon as the first snowflake hit the ground. Eric loves being outside too, which means I am in for many winters of sledding and winter-time fun with him and the kids. Now that I am older, I would actually prefer to sit in my parents house (see pic above) and drink coffee with my  mom while we watch the guys and the kids from the window :-) But who knows, maybe once I see that first snowflake and Addie in her little pink snowsuit, the kid in me will want to go out and play. I will keep you posted on that one :-) Lets go Old Man Winter...give us your best shot today!

1 comment:

  1. Jen~ I totally agree with you on being excited for the snow! I can't wait to get Brecken all bundled up as well and see his little rosey cheeks peeking through the fluffy hood...I bet Addie will just LOVE the snow and being outside, can't wait to see some pics.

    Joyful

    ReplyDelete