Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Things To Be Thankful For This Turkey Day

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought I would list some of the things I am most thankful for this year. I tried very hard to keep this list short and sweet, but it was tough because God has given Eric and I SO much to be thankful for. So I guess that is where we should start...with the one thing we are most thankful for...our baby girl Addie. 


Family 

I am thankful for my darling Addie because she has added to our already wonderful family in so many ways. And I am thankful for my husband, who does everything he can to make me happy, for my Mom and Dad, who go out of their way for me every single day, for my brothers, who I can always count on when I need help, for my mother and father-in-law who care about me like I am their own daughter, for my sister-in-laws, who are so close to me they feel like real sisters, for my brother-in-law, who always makes me laugh, for my beautiful niece, who always warms my heart, for my aunts and uncles who always treat me like one of their own, and for my grandma, who is always there to teach me. My family means the world to me and I am so thankful to have each and every one of them.

Friends

The funny thing is, so many of my family members fall into the "friends" category. I talk more to my mom than I do any friend I have ever had. I go to her for everything and she is always there to listen. I also talk to my sister-in-law Dana every single day. I guess it comes as no surprise though, since her and I started out as friends and then became family. We are always there for each other and it is so wonderful to have her in my life. I am thankful for all of my friends: the friends I get to see on a regular basis, the friends I only get to see 2-3 times a year, the friends that I have never met in person but write to almost every day, the old friends that have made their way back into my life, the old friends that I still hope to connect with some day and all the other friends that have touched my life in some way this year. And of course, how could I forget to be thankful for all of my new blogging friends :-)

Home

I truly believe that home is where the heart is and to have such a warm, cozy, beautiful space to call my home is a true blessing. Eric and I are so fortunate to have a roof over our head and food in our pantry...especially in times like these. We can provide for our baby and that alone is something we should never take for granted.

Love

One of my favorite movies of all time is "Love Actually". In the beginning of the movie, Hugh Grant explains how love actually is all around us...even if we don't notice it all the time. And I think we are all guilty of not noticing it. We get wrapped up in all the negative energy in the world. We find ourselves complaining about gas prices, the election, the stock market, the war, crime, etc. We complain about how slow the checker was at the grocery store, how fast the man in the next lane is driving, how rude the waitress was at Chilies, etc. We get frustrated with our husbands, children, family and friends. And if we would stop for just one minute to remember all of the things we should be thankful for, maybe we would let go of some of that negativity and notice for ourselves that love actually IS all around us. And if we can't do this during the holidays...when can we? So that is what I will be most thankful for this year...all the love that is in my life.

Well there you have it...a little list of the things I am thankful for this Turkey Day. I could have made a list a mile long, but I thought I would list the things that are most important to me. I am cooking Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow so between that and all the eating...I am not sure i will have time to post tomorrow. But I promise to give the Turkey Day: Part II recap on Friday. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

  1. I am also thankful for you Jen! You truly are my best friend. Love, Mamacita

    ReplyDelete