Wednesday, December 10, 2008

We Survived Santa!

After observing a bunch of kids today I realized one thing...Santa is not fun if you are 4 and under. The only baby I saw tolerate Santa long enough for a decent picture was a newborn....and he was sleeping the whole time. Otherwise, every baby I saw today was in total panic mode. Some just sat on his lap with a look of sheer terror on their face. Others, like my niece Nia, knew this guys was bad news the minute she sat on his lap and started swinging and kicking her little Ninja arms around (Dana got an AWESOME picture though). Addison, on the other hand, was just curious at first. She wanted to check him out before she made her decision. When I first sat her down, she started playing with his beard (as I suspected) and then she was pulling on his belt. I think I may have even seen her smile for a second. But the minute I called her name to get her to look forward she realized I was not holding her anymore. I saw the tears in her eyes start to well up and I shouted at the poor girl behind the camera... "Get the shot...QUICK!" She said "I am trying but you keep waving that toy in front of my lens". Oops. I didn't realize I was waving her caterpillar rattle that high. She was able to snap one last picture before she started to thrash. Her face in this picture looks like she can't decide if she wants to laugh or puke. I wasn't about to wait around to find out which so I snatched her off Santa's lap, payed my $20 and headed out of the mall. I would say we did pretty well today...considering what the experience could have been like. I am just glad we got our picture and I am sure Addison is glad I won't torture her again until the Easter bunny comes to town :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I'm so glad that all went well. Easter Bunny...kinda scary as well. :(

    ReplyDelete