Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Resolutions for a New Year

As the new year approaches, I can't help but think about my resolutions and/or goals for 2009. My list is always a mile long, but I thought I would narrow it down to my top 5. So here goes..

Be the Best Me I Can Be
I know this sounds silly, but what I mean is that I want to continue to be the best wife, daughter, sister, friend and mommy I can be. That means learning to be more patient, spending more time having fun, nagging less and encouraging more, teaching as much at home as I do at school, continue learning to cook since this makes my baby and hubby very happy (and secretly makes me happy too) and start visiting some of my out-of-town friends like I promised. This is an ongoing resolution but every new year gives me a chance to start fresh :-)
Learn To Be As Crafty As My Mom
This may take some time, but she has been dying to teach me how to knit or sew. It will be a long time before I can make hats like the ones Addie and I are wearing in this picture, but I am willing to give it a try. My mom is an excellent teacher so I know that if anyone can teach me these things...she can. Alright mama...what do I need first?
Get More Organized
Like I said...I say this EVERY year. But I am serious this time. I NEED to get more organized. My kitchen, my closets, my purse, my planner...all of it. I have actually been searching for the perfect planner for years. I have used Franklin Covey since I was in college but I just came across this new planner designer. Her name is Jan and she is from Janlynn Designs. Oh...did I mention she is my mom??? I know...she is so ridiculous. But look at this freaking planner she made me? It is PERFECT. Now I really do have to get organized. Damn.
Get In Shape!
Yes...that is me...if you can believe it. That picture was taken on our honeymoon 2 1/2 years ago. All I did to get this body was eat right, exercise and become tanerexic. But...since I can't tan anymore and can't find time to exercise, I guess eating right is my only option. Damn again!! But seriously, I need to try and get back in shape. There is absolutely no excuse for the eating I have been doing (I love carbs) and there is no reason why I can't hop on my elliptical machine a few times a week. I mean...it is in my freaking bedroom for God's sake! So while I may not have a slammin bod by the end of this year, I would at least like to shave off some of my muffin top.
Finish Some Scrapbooking!!!
I just don't know what to say. I have tried so hard to get caught up on scrapbooking this year but it just hasn't happened. I have all the stuff I need...I just have to sit down and do it. I would at least like to finish our wedding by the end of 2009 :-)
Well there you have it...my top 5 resolutions for 2009. As I said, I have a list a mile long but these are things I really want to accomplish first. We will see how many of these are on my top 5 next year. Haha.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

3 comments:

  1. hmm, do you think your mom would teach us both to sew at the same time? i have a feeling we'd get into trouble. he he
    and i cannot believe how cute you look in that hat! did she tell you i tried to make her walk to the restroom in starbucks with it on her head...needles sticking out and all?
    happy new year, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be SO fun if she taught us at the same time! But yes...we would so get into trouble :-) She did tell me that she tried on the hat for you in Starbucks with the needles sticking out. I would have paid money to see that :-) Well I hope you have a Happy New Year too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - I just stumbled on your blog. I think those are wonderful goals - I still haven't gotten mine....
    Have a wonderful 2009!

    ReplyDelete