Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Night Out For Mom & Dad

Eric had his work Christmas party last night and even though we had a nice time, it was just another reminder that we are getting SO old! I remember sitting at the table last night after dinner rubbing my eyes. I was sure it was 11:00 by how tired I was but nope...8:30. I decided I better perk up and pretend like I could go another few hours. But when I saw others digging through their pockets for their coat check ticket...I knew we weren't the only oldies. We played it cool for another hour but finally I had to pull out the "I have to teach tomorrow morning" card. I know no one will ever argue with that, since I always get sympathetic looks from people when I tell them I teach English on Saturday mornings. But honestly, I have LOVED teaching on Saturdays this semester! I had a great class with a lot of adult students who were always willing to work hard and go the extra mile to do well. Today was their final and even though I will miss all of them (or at least most of them), I am SO happy to have a few Saturdays off before Spring term starts. I have about 8 million pages of writing to grade by next week but once that is done, I am free for a whole month! I think I need to start a new home project while I am off. Should I scrapbook? Paint my kitchen? Clean and organize my basement? All of the above?

4 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute!! Gawd I can always count on you for a good laugh... I love your writing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, you and Eric looked very nice! I hope you had a great time. I know how you feel..I'm always tired by 8:00 every night too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look great! I like your hair! And about being tired early....we're there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all look darling! Hope you had a great time....I left you a comment under the beauty product talk.

    ReplyDelete