Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Not Goodbye...Just See Ya Later

When my BFF Tiffany told me she was moving away, I tried really hard to block it out of my mind. After all...she wasn't going to be moving away for 6 months. We had plenty of time. But that 6 months has already come and gone. So today...I had to say goodbye to my girl :-( Actually...not goodbye...just see ya later. Goodbyes are too sad and this isn't a sad thing. Tiff is moving away to be with her boyfriend Jake, who is a WONDERFUL guy. I know he is going to take great care of her and their baby girl Sophie. Tiff and I had our farewell dinner a week ago and as we talked, we realized that things really aren't going to change that much. For starters, we LOVE to talk on the phone and we can do that whenever we want, for as long as we want. Also, because of our busy schedules, we only see each other every other month or so and that doesn't have to change either. Tiff already has a few planned trips home this year and hopefully Eric and Addie and I can get down to Louisiana to see her too. It will all be fine (at least that is what I keep telling myself).
You see...the funny thing about true friendship is that it doesn't matter how far apart you are, how long you go without seeing each other, or even how long you go without talking to one another. If someone is a true best friend, time and distance don't matter. You always know you can pick up right where you left off. And that has always been the case for Tiff and I. We have been there for each other during the good times and bad. We have gone months without getting the chance to talk to one another and we have also gone months where we have talked 5 times a day. It is amazing to think about how much we have grown up in the 15 years we have known each other. I remember trying out for Poms together, driving in my first car together (and getting in my first accident together...I didn't even see that mailbox by the way), getting in trouble together, leaving for college together, vacationing on Spring Break together, getting our hearts broken together, finding true love together and most recently...becoming moms together. I think that last one is the most special of all. Tiff has been and always will be one of my dearest friends and as sad as I am for her to leave, I am so happy that her and Jake will finally get to be a family. I will miss you Tiff! Play a little Footloose in the car on the drive down and call me when you get there. XOXOXOXO

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh my gosh, I'm crying. It's probably the NYE emotions but I'm sad for both of you (even tho it's not sad... I know). Actually, sometimes you see each other more when you live far away! Jen, your sweet words always captivate me and my the end of your post I've had a lesson about life. You inspire me and your words always warm my heart... even when I'm crying! I've said a little prayer to St. Christopher for safe travels for Tiff & Baby Sophie. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. okay I just read my comment... Please remember I'm not an English Teacher like you so please excuse whatever grammar that was I just used ;-) It was the emotions, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww honey...you are so sweet. That is really such a compliment coming from a blog guru like you :-) And please don't worry about grammar. I AM an English teacher and I have to correct my posts all the time! Well actually, my mom calls me and tells me where the mistakes are. She is the real grammar guru :-) Love you honey! Thanks for the prayers!

    ReplyDelete