Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Off To See Santa!

Nothing strikes more fear in a child's heart than clowns, the gorilla from Chuck E. Cheese and The Doodlebops. But on rare occasions (or maybe not so rare) Santa can be just as scary! Addie and I are off to see Santa today and I am a little leery about how this is going to go. On one hand, Addie can be a real ham for the camera. Sometimes I can just point it at her and she gets that little cheesy grin on her face. She is also easily excitable if you sing the right song or make just the right funny face. HOWEVER, we have been dealing with some serious stranger/separation anxiety and that worries me. She will cry at the drop of a hat if she sees me leave the room OR if I decide to pass her off to someone else. Also, for some reason, Addie cries and freaks out every time she sees my neighbor Jack. Jack is an absolute sweetie...but he does have white hair and glasses. Add a beard on the man and you would have Santa. So...I am not feeling too confident about this trip today. I know Addison wouldn't be the only baby to have a nervous breakdown on Santa's lap this year (see some hilarious pics of other Santa disasters at The Poop blog), but I don't want to have to be the mom who forces my kid to sit there crying just so she can get one horrible, over-priced picture of a beat red baby and a Santa trying to hold back his laughter. So I guess at this point we will just have to see how it goes. She may surprise me and be all about Santa today. Hopefully she can just play with his beard while they snap a couple fast pictures. I will keep you all posted...

2 comments:

  1. I say 95% she's going to cry. The girls are going on Friday and I am almost positive they are going to cry as well.

    I think its the Santa right of passage. Crying the first couple of years and then its smooth sailing. :)

    Can't wait to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that you aren't forcing Santa on her. Can't wait to hear how it all went down. Poor babies. Love em so much!

    ReplyDelete