Saturday, December 20, 2008

Oh What Fun It is to Ride In a One-Dog Open Sleigh!

When my Dad told me he made Addison a "little present", I was assuming it was something small. You know...since he was so nonchalant about it. But when he came over last night with a HAND MADE SLED, I couldn't believe my eyes. That's right folks...my Dad made this sled by hand just by looking at a picture online! He steamed the wood to make the skis and everything!!! I am sure I don't even need to brag about his talents anymore, since you have all heard it before, but I am just so amazed at what this man can do. This is another wonderful gift from Grandpa that Addie can treasure for the rest of her life. I just know this sled is going to make so many wonderful family memories. 
And speaking of making memories, since we have a bunch of great snow and ice on the ground right now, Eric and I thought we would take Addie and Howie out for a spin today. As you can see from the pictures, she had a BLAST!! Howie wasn't too happy we made him pull the sled, but it still made for a cute picture. I mean, have you ever seen a one-doggie open sleigh before?

Thank you for the beautiful sled Pops! I love you with all my heart! 




3 comments:

  1. That might be the cutest sleigh I have I ever seen! Or maybe it's the cargo? :) Both...SUPER CUTE!! I wish we would get some real snow so I could get P out his new snow boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! She is pretty damn cute in that snowsuit and hat. Haha! How about you, J and P come up to Chicago sometime this winter and we will get the kids out on the sled together!! Deal??

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that sled is amazing! and addie is ADORABLE in it! howie makes a wonderful "sled" dog =)

    ReplyDelete