Thursday, December 4, 2008

Secret Santas Are The Best!

I am not sure how often I talk about all of my baby board friends, but these girls are so very special to me. When I was first trying to get pregnant, I went in search of some information (me...search the internet for health info??) and I came across many baby websites with boards where women could chat about their experiences. At first I just read the boards, but the girls seemed so nice I decided to post one day and say hello. Little did I know I would still be in contact with these girls almost 2 years later. We saw each other through getting pregnant (and not getting pregnant), through easy pregnancies (and not-so-easy pregnancies) and the precious births of our babies. Now we chat about everything. We talk about our families and friends, we share funny stories and sad stories, we come to each other to vent and talk about frustrations and best of all...we are all there to listen to each other. I have never meant any of these girls in person, but I feel like I know them just as well as the friends I see on a regular basis. We all share a very special bond and even though we are scattered throughout the country (and world...Iliana) we always try to find ways to "pretend" like we see each other. For example, since none of us could attend each other's showers, we shared our registry numbers and had a secret santa exchange last Christmas. Let me just tell you...that was the most fun I have EVER had with a secret santa exchange. And we all had so much fun, we decided to do it again this year! Although this year, the exchange was between the kiddies. We set up wishlists at Amazon and then we used a website called www.secretsanta.com and exchanged names!!! My good friend Carly and her daughter Eliana picked Addie as their secret santa recipient and look at the gifts we got!!! Addie LOVES her new fish bowl and book (she dropped the book before the flash went off) and because Carly is such a sweetie...she surprised me with a knitted scarf!!! Isn't she wonderful?! All the girls on the board had so much fun with the exchange and I can't wait to do it with them next year. So to all my baby board girls out there (you know who you are) thanks for always being there for me. Here's to a meeting sometime in 2009. Love you girls!!

3 comments:

  1. Your writing always makes me wanna cry, you are so graceful with your words :) I was just talking to my husband about wanting to meet up with all of you ladies this next summer! LET'S DO IT!

    Joyful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that sounds like such fun! Neat that you have all stayed in contact with one another...also neat how you exchange gifts, what a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, you are so sweet! I almost cried reading this post. I can't believe it's been 2 years that we've been talking and I can't wait to meet you and the rest of the girls!!! :)

    ReplyDelete