Sunday, December 28, 2008

Time For A Play Room!

Well...it's official. Addie needs a play room. I knew we would need more space for toys once Santa came but I had NO idea what we were in for. For starters, Grandma and Grandpa Davis got Addie this adorable 3 piece set. She got a table for tea parties, a desk for playing school AND an art/chalkboard easel for drawing pictures. I know Addie isn't quite ready for these things yet but they are just too cute to pack away :-)
Grandma and Grandpa Mueller got Addie a few big toys as well. She got her leap-frog musical table ...
Her eco-friendly rocking caterpillar, which she LOVES to climb and be pushed around in...
Her very own lap-top so she won't try to play with mommies while she is blogging...
And a kitchen so she can bake with mama. Eric and I gave her this gift early so could play with it while we cooked Thanksgiving dinner (yes..we gave it to her very early). But honestly, I could have moved it to the family room Christmas morning and she wouldn't have known the difference:-)
These are just a few of the toys Santa brought Addie this year so I think it is safe to say that they all can't go in my living room. I mean, not if I plan to walk around in it :-) Addie's bedroom is currently in the smallest room in our house (it is right next to our bedroom) but eventually, I want to move her into the bigger bedroom down the hall. So for the time being, I am going to turn her future bedroom into a playroom. But in order to do that, I have to move my whole office out of that room and into our spare bedroom. Right now, the spare bedroom just has a bed and night stand so hopefully I will be able to add a desk, file cabinet and two book shelves in there too. Hmm...this will be a project. I will keep you posted on the progress :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm dying over all of her gifts... the school desk & chalk board are my faves... and the adorable kitchen is a very close second ;-)

    ReplyDelete