Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Twas The Night Before Christmas...

A few years ago, my family started the tradition of wearing our PJs to Christmas Eve. I don't even know how it started or who suggested it, but it is my favorite part of Christmas Eve. I think it is because wearing my Christmas PJs at my Mom and Dad's house makes me feel like a kid again. Addie even had her own special pair of Christmas Eve jammies to wear tonight. They say "Whatever Santa Doesn't Bring Me Grandma Will". And let me tell you...that IS the truth! About two months ago, we all decided that we needed to cut down on the spending at Christmas (my parents especially) since we always tend to go WAY over board. We set new limits on each other and swore to stick to them. Well...as you can see...no one really stuck to their promise, ESPECIALLY Grandma and Grandpa. It is ridiculous how much they got us. And I know Grandma and Grandpa Davis are going to go just as over board tomorrow. But hey...it's Christmas! I guess if there is one time of year to spoil the people you love...this is it. I am just so lucky to have such a wonderful family to share the holidays with :-) Well I guess I should get to bed before Santa comes! But before I do, I must leave him some cookies and milk. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa...Addie has a VERY special plate and mug to use every year. I just have to decide now if Santa wants 2 or 4 cookies??? 





No comments:

Post a Comment