Saturday, January 31, 2009

Addie's Playroom Part Three: The Big Reveal!!!

Yes my friends...Addie's playroom is FINALLY done!! Woohoo! And I think it turned out even cuter than I imagined. This may be picture overload, but I wanted to make sure to get shots from every angle :-)


Grandma and Grandpa Davis got Addie this adorable tea party table for Christmas (along with a few other things shown below) and I think it looks just precious on her polka dot rug. I can't wait until she is big enough to sit and drink tea with her dollies.


This is the best picture I could get of the entire bookshelf/toy chest unit all filled up. I didn't waste any space as you can see. My dad made the bookshelves adjustable so they could fit all of her cute canvas baskets. Oh, and check out the gorgeous curtains my mom made. They match the scallops and everything!!


This is just a closer shot of the table and window seat. We still have to make a cushion for it. 


And here is the arts and crafts nook. Grandma and Grandpa Davis also got Addie the matching chalkboard and desk. I can't decide which is cuter! I can just picture her sitting at her desk refusing to do homework. So cute!!


And since Aunt Dana LOVES buying Addie cute bags, I decided to hang some pegs so that I could display all of them. The butterfly bag is my favorite!!


This is a blank wall at the moment so I thought I would spice it up with some flower decals. I think they give the room a nice touch :-)


And last but not least, here is a close up of the bottom of the bookshelves. My Dad actually built toy boxes on each side to store stuffed animals. And as you can see, Addie had PLENTY to fill it with :-)

So there you go! The first look at Addie's completed playroom! I honestly could not have done all this without the generous gift of furniture from my mother and father in law, the unbelievable handy work of my Daddy-O, the amazing sewing talent of my Mamacita, and the reluctant, but fabulous help from my hubby. I would also like to thank my idol...Miss Martha Stewart...for all her decorating inspiration. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

8 comments:

  1. You are the Best GIRL !! You made this plain room into a show room !!! I am sooo proud of you. Addie will love you for it.
    GREAT JOB!!!

    Love, Pops

    ReplyDelete
  2. This room is amazing Jen! Addie probably loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable room! you will have to help me with mine someday if i ever get out of my cracker--jack box. good luck keeping it clean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! You did a super job..I can't wait to get my house in the south with more than 2 bedrooms so Sophia can have an adorable playroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, it turned out BEAUTIFUL! It looks like it belongs in a magazine! Great job! I am sure Addie will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE her play room! Makes me wish we had an extra room instead of having toys all over the house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the fabulous comments everyone! I am super excited about this room...and so is Addie. I'll let you know what she thinks of it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks fabulous, absolutely darling!!! Love it lots. I bet Addie will have a great time playing in there.

    ReplyDelete