Friday, January 9, 2009

Hi...My Name is Jen and I am a Cyberchondriac


It's no secret to anyone that I am a WebMD addict. Actually, I am addicted to all medical websites. I talked about my addiction in my very first post, then again in this post, and then again in this post. My husband has to literally take the computer away from me when I get a headache or Addie gets the sniffles. I can't help myself. I know I am not a doctor and I know I am not going to be able to diagnose anything correctly at home but I STILL search everything from headaches to muscle cramps and every time I do...I regret it. I end up not sleeping because I am sure I have Ear Cancer or Kidney Disease etc. People call me things like "crazy" or "psycho" and those names really hurt because I don't think I am crazy...I'm just a little paranoid :-) Well thanks to my friend Jenn from Jeans Friday who forwarded me a very interesting article from MSN...I am finally able to put a name on my paranoia. Have you ever searched for information on a minor symptom only to come away convinced that you have a serious disease? If so...then you may be just like me.

Hi...my name is Jen...and I am a Cyberchondriac.

No comments:

Post a Comment