Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I Need Inspiration

When I sat down with my coffee today and started searching the Internet for paint ideas for Addie's play room...I was hoping to find countless possibilities to chose from. I have tried a million different Google search combinations and I just can't seem to find anything that has a lot of actual pictures! I have found several sites where people describe how they painted the walls in their kids room...but that just doesn't cut it for me. I need visuals people!! Below is a picture of a paint idea I am really starting to like. I don't necessarily love the pink on pink color combination, but I love the scallop and how it separates two different wall colors. Addie's playroom will eventually become her bedroom once we have another baby so I am trying to stick with the colors she has now (she has a garden theme bedroom). Luckily, the decor and bedding I plan to stick with have just about every color in it. The main colors are green, light pink, hot pink and yellow. There is also some blue that I really like to accent with. I want to do something very fun with her walls, but I don't want it to be over-the-top tacky. Does anyone out there know of any great idea websites that I can visit for inspiration? Or better yet, do any of you have ideas (or pictures :-) you can share to help me out?


5 comments:

  1. Jen
    I really like the pic you showed!
    I just went to
    http://www.hgtv.com/rate-my-space/show/index.html and in the search I put girls rooms and tons of stuff came up! They have lots of before and after pics when you click into the links...I really liked the after pic for "Putting Some Spics in a Little Girls Room"
    http://www.hgtv.com/decorating/putting-some-spice-in-little-girls-room/index.html
    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking through the internet for inspiration. I'll be thinking and send you info. when I find something.

    Come to my blog, I've got something for you AND you must scroll down to Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm...I have the same problem! Let me know if you find any good sites!

    For some reason it said I was "following" your blog and have been for quite some time, but it would never show up that I was a follower. Anyway, I stopped following and restarted and now it is working!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that!! Have you heard of Wall Candy? They're decals that you stick on the wall..pretty cool you can see one here: http://www.crocodilebaby.com/qs/category.php?merchant_id=36&category_id=5655

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the help ladies!!
    Ashley - I checked out HGTV and saw some pretty cute stuff. I saw a similar scalloped picture like the one I posted.
    Katy - I will hop over to your blog right now. Let me know if you find anything good!
    Mando - I will let you know what I find. I am going to do some looking tonight when peanut goes to bed :-)
    Autumn - Thanks for that link! These are awesome! Its not as permanent as paint so I can play around a bit. Gosh...now I have to decide which ones to get!!!

    ReplyDelete