Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Introducing: Too Cute Tuesdays

I have been meaning to debut "Too Cute Tuesdays" for a couple of weeks now but the past two Tuesdays have been important days. Last Tuesday was Addie's 10 month update and then the Tuesday before that was my farewell message to my BFF Tiffany. I would have missed today too if I hadn't pulled out my "Too Cute" list to jot down a website and realized "Hey...today is Tuesday!! I need to post" You see, I have a little notebook that I keep in my planner and every time I find a cute item, website, store, etc...I jot it down. I have posted some of the things off my list here and there but I thought it might be fun to have a designated day where I share some of my "Too Cute" finds. And I promise to always give credit where credit is due because a lot of times, my finds are from other blogs (Nina...I'm talking about you girlfriend). So...without further ado...here is my very first Too Cute Tuesday post.

Today's Theme: Playroom Organization

What else would I post today? Everyone knows I am totally focused on Addie's playroom right now so I thought I would post some of the adorable (and inexpensive) items I have come across.

Chalkboard Basket Labels


These are too cute for words! I love how simple yet effective they are. I like to use lots of different baskets so using labels like these would make them all look cohesive on the same shelf. You can buy these at Pottery Barn Kids (set of 2 for $8.00) or you can make them yourself. I have seen small chalkboards at Hobby Lobby for $1 (especially around back-to-school) and you can buy a whole spool of twine for around $1.50.

Flower Wall Pegs


These flower wall pegs are not only cute...they are multifunctional! You can use them to hang coats or organize purses and totes. You can also hang them over a dresser to organize necklaces and other jewelry. You can find these at Land of Nod ($9.95 each) or you can find them at Michael's in their unfinished wood section for around $2 each. If you are willing to do a little painting, you can get 5 for the price of 1. Seems worth it to me!

Hand Painted Bookends


Don't have enough books to fill a shelf? These hand painted bookends will solve your problem! You can find these Garden Party book ends at Frog and The Princess ($95 a set). No...I did not type that price incorrectly. They are $95. If I were rolling in dough, I wouldn't think twice about purchasing these PERFECT book ends for my garden theme playroom.

Stackable Storage
I don't know what I love more about these stackable storage pieces from Company Kids...the fact that you can chose any color combination, or the fact that you can mix and match any of the individual storage pieces to build your own unit. I mean, not everyone has a Dad that can custom make your shelving units so it is nice to have options :-) Prices range from $79-$129.

Well there you have it! A few items that are just Too Cute to pass up. Next Tuesdays theme will be...(guess you will have to wait and see :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment