Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lemonade Award

I am not exactly sure why they call this the "Lemonade Award" but that's okay...I am just excited to be nominated :-) My new blogger friend Katy from Fun With The Baker 5 gave me this award because I show great attitude and gratitude. I can't say I always have the greatest attitude but I sure try to keep my blog as upbeat as possible. So thanks for the fabulous award Katy! Now it is my turn to pass this award on to 10 deserving blogs (although I only have time for 5). So here goes:
I know I have given my BF Mandy many blog awards before, but I honestly HAVE to give her this one because she really has SUCH a great attitude about mommyhood...and life. Her posts are always honest, funny and sincere. It always reminds me why I have this girl in my life :-) Kisses!

I don't know if it is fair to nominate two people from the same household (Jeff is Mandy's hubby) but oh well...Jeff deserves this award. I come across a LOT of parenting blogs published by Mommies but I rarely find a Daddy blog that is honestly fun to read. But Jeff's blog is different. It is just...well...cute! His posts are cute. That is the best way I can explain it. I know men don't like that word but when a Dad writes about bath time...there is no better word to describe it.

My friend Nina is the ultimate blogger. She is always SO upbeat and perky...I just love reading her blog. Although...every time I read her blog I find myself running to Target to look for her latest finds. She is my fashion guru and I love her for that (among many other reasons) :-)

My cousin Kris tells me I inspired her to start a blog and I have to say...she has turned into an excellent blogger! She faithfully posts every day and she always manages to make me laugh with her honest tell-it-like-it-is sense of humor. I think sometimes you can tell we are related :-)

Also known as Janlynn Designs. I can't begin to tell you how many people e-mail me on a regular basis asking about my mom's knitting and sewing projects. Every time someone e-mails me I say "Mom...you HAVE to start a website and sell some of your stuff!" I am honestly a heartbeat away form setting it up for her (as soon as I finish all of my home projects). I also don't think she is convinced that anyone would buy anything from her. So I ask all of you to visit her blog and comment on her latest post and tell her that she NEEDS to start a website. I just want to show her what she might be missing out on :-)

Okay nominees...now it is your turn!

The Rules
1. Thank the person who was thoughtful enough to give you this award by linking their blog to your post.
2. Include the "Lemonade Award" logo above.
3. Nominate 10 blogs (or as many as you like) who show great attitude or gratitude.
4. Link your nominees to your post
5. Comment to all of them that they have won this award.

Disclaimer...you SO do not have to participate. I just wanted to pass this along for fun :-)

4 comments:

  1. i totally agree with you about your mom. i suggest etsy. her work would fit in beautifully. if she wants to,that is. there's something about turning what you love to do into a job that can sometimes take the fun out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHH thanks Jen! That is so sweet!!! And seriously...your ma NEEDS to start a site! Her stuff is so adorable!!

    Thanks again! Love ya! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled upon your blog a while back and love your writing and your baby! So freaking cute. If you're looking for some great reading I highly recommend this blog...www.mattlogelin.com. Also
    captainhambone.typepad.com. They are both addicting for various reasons. Happy reading! (and writing!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lauren! Thanks for stopping by! I will definitely check out the two blogs you mentioned. I am always looking for fun new reads :-)

    ReplyDelete