Saturday, January 24, 2009

Our New Favorite Game

I was pretty impressed the other day when I watched Nia play the "Clean-up" Game with Dana. I had toys all over my living room and before they left, Dana said "Okay Nia...time for our game." Then she sang the "Clean-up" song and Nia went around the room and put all the toys in the basket. I was so impressed...I decided to start teaching Addison how to do it too. So last night I sang the "Clean up" song nice and loud as I put all of her toys away. She just sat and watched me with a big smile on her face. I thought "Wow...maybe she is getting it! Maybe she will think it is a game." After we were done, I left the room to grab the phone and this is what I found when i came back. Turns out I was half right. She does think it is a game and she does think it's fun. She is just getting one part wrong...the toys are suppose to go IN the basket. I guess we will have to work on that

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that's funny...what a sweet little smile that girly has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Jen- thats too funny! Where did you get that basket and how much did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking? I have been looking for one to put all on Sean's toys in that he plays with in the living room and wanted it to match and that would!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley - The basket is from Pier 1 Imports and I bought it about 7 years ago on clearance for like $4! It was a great investment :-) It is nice and deep so it holds LOTS of toys and it is a good height so that Addie can stand next to it. But she also likes to lean all the way over and she has fallen into the basket a few times. SO funny :-) Anyway, I am not sure if Pier 1 still has something like this basket, but I know Michael's craft store does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma does the same thing! I sing the clean up song before bed and I put away her toys. She immediately pulls out the last toy I put away and proceeds to follow me around the room doing that! Maybe one day she'll get it.... :)

    ReplyDelete