Saturday, February 7, 2009

Finally...A Little Sunshine

It was a BEAUTIFUL 54 degrees in Illinois today! The sun was shining and I couldn't wait to get out of class this morning so I could take peanut for a walk. I even let my students out a little early today since everyone had a serious case of spring fever. When I got home, I pulled out Addie's little spring coat and called my cousin Kris to see if her and Gracie wanted to join us! We let the girls play for a while in the new playroom and then we took them on a LONG walk around the neighborhood. I think the fresh air did us all some good. I know the ginourmous mound of dirty snow in the background of these pictures isn't exactly a vision of spring...but I assure you it was a gorgeous day today.


Addie was so excited to ride around in the little car that Santa brought her. I don't know why the hood is up...I guess she was just checking things out.


I LOVE not having to wear a coat. I can't wait until Spring is officially here and I can pack mine away for good.


Gracie looks like such a big girl in this picture! She is SO tall and so smart. She showed me how she can point to her head and nose and feet. Oh, and she also knows colors and shapes!!! I told Kris that she has one smart cookie on her hands :-)


And here is Mr. Howard. I decided to take him with us so he could get some exercise too. He was SO excited to get out of the house and pee all over the neighborhood. He is passed out next to me on the couch right now. I have a feeling he is going to sleep good tonight :-)

Ahhhh.......there just isn't anything better than a warm sunny day in the middle of winter. We have all had the winter blues around here and I think the sunshine really brightened everyone's spirits. Although, I think the vision of Spring made my cousin Kris and I realize that bathing suit season is just around the corner. YIKES!!! Kris...wanna join me for a walk every night from now until June? Seriously though...it was great seeing you and Miss Gracie. I hope we can do it again soon! Love ya!

2 comments:

  1. um, you left out what was undoubtably the high point of your day, miss jenny.
    i haven't seen krissy in so long! she looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne! Gosh...I almost forgot to mention running into you, Nina and Lily! And can I just say...Lily is ADORABLE!!! I could just eat her up. She is is gorgeous! Not that I expected anything different :-) It was great seeing you girls. We should actually plan our next meeting together :-)

    ReplyDelete