Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday Night With Richard Gere

After Addie went to sleep tonight, I was finally able to talk Eric into watching "Nights in Rodanthe" with me. He was reluctant at first, because the last chick flick I made him watch was so NOT good. It was "P.S. I Love You" and now every time I ask him to watch one of "my" movies he always says "Umm...is this one going to be as good as P.S. I Want to Kill Myself?" He is quite clever if you haven't figured it out already :-) And even though Eric fell asleep half way through this movie, I actually thought it was pretty good! The book was much better, as always, but it was worth watching just to see the chemistry between Richard Gere and Diane Lane. Actually, there were several things that made this movie worth the rental fee:

  • Richard Gere. Love scene. Hottie Hot Hot.
  • They are staying in one of the coolest Inns I have ever seen. I would definitely go to Rodanthe just to stay in that place.
  • Because the movie was by Nicholas Sparks...I was already prepared for a sad ending so it didn't hurt as bad this time. I cried myself to sleep for a week after watching "Message in a Bottle." Damn you Kevin Costnar...why did you go out in that storm!!!
  • This movie was more than just a story about the love between a man and a woman. It was also about the love between a mother and daughter and father and son. That is really the kind of stuff that gets me in the end. It was very cute and I did shed a tear more than once.

So there you have it. I can't promise your husband or boyfriend will like it, especially since nothing blows up, there are no fight scenes and you don't see one set of boobs. But if you are in the mood for a cute love story and don't mind a tear jerker ending, then I say run on out to Red Box and pick this one up :-)

5 comments:

  1. I want to see that movie. My husband is always a bit leary of what I pick out as well....sometimes I prove him wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Eric is much nicer than my Eric. He never would have watched that with me - but he did enjoy P.S. I love you! I'm a teacher too. What are the odds of that?

    Looking forward to getting to know you in blog land!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping to prove him wrong last night Katy, since I know he thinks Diane Lane is a hottie. But he was out before the intro credits were done! Men..

    Chelle - That is too funny. We both weren't fans of P.S. I Love You but maybe I didn't give it a fair chance since he was complaining the whole time. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked this movie too. I'm a big fan of Nicholas Sparks. Any love story I'm pretty much in. Except P.S. I love you. Such a downer:( I actually got this movie for Valentines Day from Jake so he kinda had to watch it with me! He isn't a huge fan of "my" movies, but he stuck it out:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read the book, but I love love Nicholas Sparks' books! So I want to read it before I see it! I thought The Notebook was just as good as the book!

    ReplyDelete