Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Is This Really Safe?

Probably not. But Addie LOVES playing behind our couch. I don't even remember when she first figured out how to get back there, but ever since she did...she wants to be back there all the time. At least I have my little watch dog to look after her while she plays.


I guess I can kind of see why peanut likes it back there. For one thing, our couch backs up to floor-to-ceiling windows and she can sit and look out into the backyard (that's what Howard does).  Plus, I think all kids like little secret hiding spaces. I know my brothers and I built forts all the time out of couch cushions and blankets. I guess this is just her little fort for now.


I should just keep her from going back there, but because it entertains her so much (and because I can't fit my bootie back there to drag her out 100 times a day), I decided I better baby proof the situation. So I scrubbed the windows, dusted the baseboards, vacuumed the carpet and pulled the couch out from the wall a little bit more. Now she can crawl with ease and I can fit back there when it is time to finally drag her out.

Is it weird that I am letting my baby crawl behind my couch? Do any of your kids have crazy places they LOVE to hang out in? 

8 comments:

  1. You always had the most hiding places and forts (or little houses) than anyone I know. You and your brothers had a lot of FUN! in those places.

    Love Ya
    Pops

    ReplyDelete
  2. It isn't weird!Sean LOVES to climb in this little space between the computer desk and fax machine at my moms...he goes straight to it EVERYTIME we are over there...he just brings a toy into his little space and entertains himself! I don't know how he even fits...he gets stuck sometimes...but whenever I try to take him out he crys! Kids are so funny! Whatever keeps them happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not weird at all! If it works...it works! Ha! Thanks for the bday comments and I AM SOO SORRRY I forgot to post about your giveaway! Darn, I totally suck! I will post about it as soon as I figure out how the hell to even post on wordpress. I am so confused!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem honey! You had some serious gossip to spread about the bachelor. The giveaway is still going on for a few more days so no worries. I hope you figure out wordpress! Can't wait to see the new blog when it's done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I loved making forts growing up! Sophie hasn't started this yet, but one day we will have to get them together to play behind the couch. 1 week and we will be home. Yay! Can't wait to see you girls:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emma loves playing by our tv stand...right by the corner of it. I guess I shouldn't put her basket of books there either, but she always winds up in that corner. I'm so nervous she's going to hit her head on the corner...but miraculously, she's bumped her head everywhere but there! Hey, if it'll keep her entertained and "reading" her books, I'm all for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew! Glad my little Addie is not the only danger seeker. Kids...gotta love em :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not weird. My kids love playing behind our couch by the window...they also, LOVE playing in closets.

    ReplyDelete