Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine's Day Agenda

Eric and I have been trying to decide what to do for Valentine's Day for about a week now. We tossed around the idea of going out to eat but then we started feeling bad about leaving our two little Valentines at home. So...we thought we would make Valentine's Day a family affair this year. We are going to stay home in our PJs (our favorite) and I am going to cook a yummy meal. I want to make Valentine's Day special for everyone, so I tried to think of everyone's favorite things.

First up is Howie. I bought him a Dingo, which is his FAVORITE type of treat. Seriously...he will have this bone gone in about 5 minutes. Also, I will let him have some scraps from dinner. He is already overweight anyway and everyone knows you can't start dieting on a holiday. So, after a nice meal and a Dingo dessert...I think he will most likely go to bed early and have some "alone time" with the love of his life...Mr. Squirrel (a stuffed animal he has had since he was a puppy).

Next up is my little peanut. I don't know what Addie loves more...playing airplane with Daddy...or eating a cup of Yogen Fruz (the best frozen yogurt ever). So I think she will get both on Valentine's Day (I have some Yogen Fruz in the freezer). I think we will start with airplane and then eat yogurt. We learned our lesson last time. It is NOT a good idea to shake up a yogurt filled belly. Yikes! So after some dinner, a yummy treat AND some quality play time with mommy and daddy, peanut should sleep like a rock. Or so we hope :-)

And after baby girl goes to bed, it's mommy and daddy time. As Eric would say, it's "Bow chicka bow wow" time. Men...they are such simple creatures. Eric only requested two things. 1.) Penne with Garlic Shrimp (a recipe from Giada's show) and 2.) a little surprise from his favorite store. I think you get where I am going with this. Enough said.


So what do I want for Valentine's Day you ask? Well, besides an on-call cleaning lady, a full-time chef, laundry that cleans and folds itself and an all-carb diet that actually makes you LOSE weight...I would just like one thing. A big, fat, juicy, chocolate covered strawberry (or five) and a glass of wine. Yum, Yum, Gimme Some!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
    Frye? Frye? No answer, Must be a tooma!


    Love ya, sweetie
    Happy Valentine's Day
    pops

    ReplyDelete