1. I love my beautiful, smart, funny, silly baby girl, Addie. People always tell you that you will never experience a love like the kind you have for your child and they are absolutely right. Addie is my heart and soul and I couldn't imagine life without her.
2. I love my wonderful, funny, sexy, sweet hubby, Eric. He is my soul mate and I love him more every day I am with him. Yes...some days he drives me nuts (like today when he left for work with my car keys in his pocket) but I know I drive him nuts too and if we can both still come home at the end of each day and love each other more than we did the day before...we must be doing something right!
3. I love my family. I honestly have the BEST FREAKING FAMILY in the world. I have two talented, selfless, loving parents who would do anything for us. I also have a mother and father in law that go out of their way to make me feel like a part of their family and that is a very special thing. Thanks to my two fabulous brothers, I have gained two wonderful sister-in-laws. And thanks to Eric...I gained my best friend as a sister-in-law too! And lets not forget my brother-in-law Kev...who always knows how to make me laugh. I also have a beautiful niece and as of yesterday, a precious little nephew!!! Did I mention I was blessed?
4. I love my friends. I have many dear friends who, for the most part, live out of town. But thanks to blogland...we keep in touch more now than I ever dreamed we would. I know lots of people bash blogging and Facebooking because they say it keeps people form interacting in the "real" world. Well to me...this is the real world. We all have families and jobs and responsibilities. Getting together isn't always an option. And sadly...that is how you can lose friends...by not seeing them or keeping in touch. But the Internet gives us a way to stay connected. My friend Mandy and I lived in the same town for almost 6 years and I almost feel like I know her better now (from reading her blog every day) than I did when we use to sit on my back porch talking about boys. I know that sounds crazy...but I feel like we all share more about our lives and feelings when we can write them down and show them to the world. But maybe that's just me. After all, writing is what I do best :-)
5. I love the Internet. I thought it was only appropriate to follow up with this one because it is very important to me. As I said above, blogging has led me to many old and new friends, which is reason enough to continue logging on each day. But blogging has also done something else for me. It has helped me build a new relationship with God. You see...I was raised Catholic. I went to church ever Sunday, attended CCD classes, made communion and confirmation. I did everything I was suppose to do. But honestly, I always felt like church was forced on me. I couldn't find a connection there and so when I was given the choice about church...I chose not to go. I have always believed in God and I have always continued to pray...but I feel like it was for selfish reasons most of the time. "God please help me pass this test." "God please help me make the dance team." I know it is okay to pray for these things, but in return, I realized I never thanked God for what he had already given me. I never realized the power of prayer and hope. I never realized how much God was responsible for in my life. And it shouldn't have taken the Internet to prove all that to me...but it did. Well...that and the birth of my baby girl. I don't know how anyone can look at a baby and not realize there is a much higher power at work. But I digress. My point in saying all this is that thanks to blogging...I have been able to witness a few miracles. I have been able to witness the power of prayer. I've been able to witness the unwavering faith of some pretty remarkable men and women. And more importantly, I have realized how truly and undeniably blessed I am to have the things that I have in life. Yes my friends...blogging has done all that for me. See why I love it so much?
6. On a lighter note, I love my house. I know this may be a silly one, but I do. I LOVE my house. It is warm and cozy and when I look around, I can picture Eric and I raising our kids and growing old together here. It isn't the biggest house in the world and things seem to fall apart on a regular basis...but it is our home.
7. I love my job. Being a Stay-At-Home-Mommy is seriously the BEST job in the world!! So many people thought I would miss working once I left my job at the college but after almost a year of staying home with Addie...I can honestly say that I don't miss it for one second!!!!! I still get to teach a class a each week so I am sure that is what keeps me sane. I do miss my work friends but luckily...I get to see them every once and a while. I am so lucky to have this opportunity to stay home with my kids and I will cherish these days for the rest of my life :-)
So...was today's post sappy enough for you? After the birth of my beautiful nephew yesterday and after reading about baby Stellan...I just felt the need to post about my blessings and all of my blog revelations. Has anyone else had a blog revelation? Has blogging or reading blogs taught you anything new about yourself? I would love to hear your stories :-)