Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Overkill & A New Project

I don't remember much about Addie's first Easter morning last year, but I can tell you that this year's was so much more fun! The Easter bunny came bright and early and Addie noticed her basket of goodies right away...


It didn't take long before the basket was tipped upside down and the toys were scattered all over my family room. And the gifts didn't stop there...


The Easter bunny apparently made a stop at Grandma and Grandpa Mueller's house too and dropped off this new Cozy Coupe for peanut! Daddy and Grandma took her on a few spins around the yard while Uncle Ryan took pictures ( I will post those later). 


After a yummy brunch with Grandma, Uncle Ryan & Aunt Meagan and Uncle Adam & Aunt Diana...we all got to rest for a little while before we were off to our next stop...Grandma and Grandpa Davis' house! As you can guess...the Easter bunny stopped by their house too.


I am pretty sure Addie was on excitement overload by the time we got to Grandma and Grandpa Davis' house because she started her typical "I'm tired and over stimulated" mood swings.

Here's Happy Baby...


And here's Sad Baby... 


Happy Baby...


Sad Baby...


By the time we were done with dinner, both of the girls were ready for bed...and so were the mommies, daddies and grandparents :-) But aside from the few little crying spells...it really was a fun Easter. The weather was BEAUTIFUL (finally) and Addie was spoiled with gifts and attention as usual.

Now...I am sure you are all wondering about this new project (or maybe you aren't...but I am going to tell you anyway). No..this is not another home decorating or crafting project. Actually, this is a pretty important project that I have been procrastinating for many, many years. As you all know, I decide to go into English because I love writing. I have never been too specific or focused on one area of writing because I think my interests have change throughout the years. When I was in high school, I fell in love with children and young adult literature and actually wrote a children's book. It never went anywhere of course, but it was an accomplishment nonetheless. When I was in college, I fell in love with Shakespearean literature and Classical Mythology and focused less on writing and more on reading. When I was in grad school and decided to specialize in Rhetoric and Composition, I fell in love with the teaching of writing and started focusing my efforts in that direction. Since college, I have had time to explore a lot of other possibilities too. I thought about writing some scripts for sitcoms, I have dabbled back in children's lit and as of late...I even thought about writing a funny mommy book. And I still may pursue each of these endeavors at some point in my life. But as for my immediate project...I am going to focus on young adult literature and run with an idea that just popped into my head this weekend. I brainstormed with my friend Joe and my sister-in-law Diana about my idea and thanks to their tremendous imaginations and ideas, I have a solid story brewing in my mind that I simply can't wait to tell. The ideas are flowing out of me so fast I can hardly write them fast enough. 

I have absolutely no idea what will come of this. I am not even sure if anyone will even want to read this book when I am finished. But I have the writing bug again and I feel like this is the time where I need to run with it. Am I freaking crazy or what?

3 comments:

  1. This is SO exciting! I can't wait to hear all the updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will read it! Here's to the new Twilight series... or better! Good luck friend!

    ReplyDelete