Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I Was Never Good At Keeping Secrets...

As you all know, I have never been very good at keeping secrets. I have admitted this repeatedly so that my friends and family are all well aware of this before they confide in me. Because you see...when I know a secret...especially when it is a very good secret...I get all giddy with excitement and I have to do everything in my power NOT to blurt it out to every person I see. And this is even harder to do when the secret is my own.

When I was younger, I believed that if I wrote a secret down on paper, it wasn't like I was actually telling it to anyone. I figured if anyone just happened to walk by and see what I wrote...well...then...so be it. So I decided that is how I am going to get around this little secret I am dying to tell. I will just write it on paper, and then if any of you happen to look at the picture below, then you would know that...


That's right friends...baby #2 is on the way!!! I knew Eric would never believe me if I showed him the faint line on the test that I originally took, so I bought one of the tests that he says are "idiot proof". And here are the results... 


I couldn't wait for him to get home from work so that Addie and I could break the big news. I gave Addie the test and told her to take it to Daddy. As you can see, she was pretty reluctant to give up her new toy...


But once Daddy saw what was in her hand...he knew...


Addie is going to be a Big Sister!!!


It is very early in our baby waiting game, but we find it hard not to share our wonderful news with the people in our lives. The newest addition to the Davis clan is expected to arrive in early January. So with God's blessing, a little luck and a healthy 9 months...we will have ourselves a New Years baby!! Woohoo!!!

21 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Congrats Davis Family :)

    You look so adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so happy for you and your family! Oh what fun! Can't wait to follow your journey for the next 9 months! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Congratulations! You all look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no way!!! my how far you've come since the Kaplan days ;) i'm so happy for you - congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Jen! When you said you were going to annouce it Wedsnesday you weren't kidding...12 am on the dot! Haha..you are not good at keeping secrets! But I am soooo glad you decided to share this one!!!! I am super excited and can't wait for all the belly pics!!!!! Heres to a happy healthy pregnancy...with no morning sickness...no crazy emotional crying about nothing (wait...is that even possible?!) haha...well CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! The news is out! So happy for you guys and your little peanut! He or she is lucky to be a part of your family! Here's to hoping it's a smooth and healthy 9 months! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. JEN!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! Congratulations friend! I can't wait to share the ride with you! Here is to an uneventful nine months! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! That is so exciting! Looking forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!! SO exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yahoooo! The more babies, the merrier! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YEAH! I am so excited you are a bad secret keeper...hehehe..I have been checking on alll the time just waiting to see how you would share the news momma..can't wait to go through this journey with you again :)

    Kelly and Brecken

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you spilled your secret!!! YAY!! I was never good at keeping secrets either!! I am sooo happy for you bf!!! Can't wait to meet baby Davis dos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Jen, I'm glad we'll have each other to talk to as we try to juggle 2 kids, a dog and our hubbies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yay! I'm so happy for all of you!!!!!!!! Addie with the pregnancy test...priceless!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Jen! That is such wonderful news!! So excited to follow you on this amazing journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats! That is so very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!!! I wish you a healthy and easy pregnancy!
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! We're on the same baby schedule - my daughter is exactly one month older that Addie and I'm due early November.

    Good luck! It's tiring running after a toddler while being pregnant!

    ReplyDelete