Sunday, April 26, 2009

Peapod Anyone?

For those of you who don't know, Peapod is a grocery home delivery service. You get to shop online and then a truck delivers your groceries to your house. It's a genius idea if you ask me! However, I could never really justify paying someone to deliver groceries to my house when I live 2 minutes from 3 different grocery stores. But now that I have a VERY active toddler who doesn't want to stay in the cart, grocery shopping has become a real challenge. 

And I don't know about you, but I have to run to the store at least once (if not twice a week) because I inevitably forgot something the trip before. Yes, I make lists. Yes, I clip coupons. But once I am in the store and Addie starts having a freak out because she can't reach the bag of Pirates Booty in the back of the cart, my mind often goes blank. I forget the list and forget my coupons and race through the last few isles grabbing whatever I can remember. Grocery shopping has become one of my least favorite activities and I have often considered paying someone to do it for me.

Well...this week I got a coupon in the mail for Peapod. They are offering free shipping for 60 days AND $20 off your first order. I took a look around the site and I was pleasantly surprised to find that they have weekly specials, just like my local grocery store, and some of the sale prices are incredible! Oh, and they also take ALL manufacturers coupons so you can still save extra that way too! I have to be honest...this whole home delivery service is looking quite appealing today. Has anyone out there every tried Peapod? Was it worth it? Would you order from them again? I would love to know your thoughts. 

3 comments:

  1. I love Peapod! Well, I loved it until they stopped delivering for free. $10.95 is a lot of money just for delivery, especially for a small order!

    With that being said, if I didn't have to pay that steep fee, I would probably use Peapod exclusively. They have a good selection, they deliver when you want it delivered, and they often give away free items with orders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we also used peapod when we first moved to wisconsin. it was awesome, convenient and we could get lou malnati's pizza and portillo's hot dogs AND market day items delivered to us...it was incredible - they even brought the items up to the kitchen and set them on the counter. but a 10.95 delivery fee is pretty steep. we've been considering it again now that i travel so much, so we'll have to see! :) thanks for letting me know about the free delivery promo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen - how about using Mompod! I'm really cheap.

    ReplyDelete