Sunday, May 31, 2009

172 Days

Please answer the following multiple choice questions. Answers will be revealed at the end of this post.

1. I only have to wait 172 more days until

a) My brother's wedding
b) Our second child is born
c) "New Moon" opens in theaters

2. The fact that I am considering the opening of a movie to be as important as my brother's wedding and/or the birth of our second child is

a) Sad
b) Pathetic
c) Totally understandable
d) All of the above

The answer to question 1 is (c) 172 days until New Moon opens in theaters. Therefore, the answer to question 2 is (d) All of the above. It is sad because it is just a silly movie...not even in the same ballpark as a wedding or birth of a child. It is pathetic because I actually took the time to Google the number of days until the movie opens (and if I had a PC instead of a Mac, I may have downloaded the countdown widget). But all this is totally understandable because if you saw the New Moon clip tonight and/or read the book, you would know it is going to be AWESOME! 

And what's even more awesome to me is that all this hype, fandom and hysteria is based on a story that a stay-at-home Mom of 3 boys wrote during her summer vacation. Seriously!! Stephanie Meyer wrote Twilight in a matter of 3 months after having a dream. She hadn't written anything since college and she didn't even know where to begin. And now look. Look at what this one story has become. It's a freaking empire!! And all the actors tonight thanked her over and over again and I just think that is so cool. It inspires me to keep writing. Not because I hope to have Robert Pattinson star as one of my leading men one day (although that would be pretty awesome) or because I think my writing will ever amount to anything, but because it just goes to show you that it's never too late to follow a dream. I know...these are pretty deep thoughts for having just watched MTV for the last three hours...but I thought I would share anyway :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment