Friday, May 1, 2009

Call Me Paranoid...

But with close to 40 reported cases of swine flu in Illinois and 2 local school closings, I think it is a good idea to skip Baby Bees this week. Now, I want you to know that I didn't make this decision lightly. Addie and I could both REALLY use an outing today. But if you will...please take a look at Exhibit A...

Exhibit A


See all of those nasty hand prints, mouth prints, foot prints, etc. on this mirror? You know...the one Addie is about to put her mouth on? The one that at least 50 other kids put their mouth on before her? Well...that isn't the only piece of equipment that Addie puts her mouth on each week. It also isn't the only piece of equipment that 50 other kids put their mouth on each week. So with that in mind, I am not sure it is a good idea to take her to "the germ factory" with cases of the flu reported just a few short miles down the road from the Park District.

It really is a bummer too. I hate not being able to live my day-to-day life because I am worried about Addie and I catching the freaking swine flu. But I am pregnant and she is still a baby so it isn't worth risking either of our health for a 45 minute gym class. So...I guess I will have to figure out what else we can do today. Addie is pretty content climbing into her toy box right now so that works for me! If the sun comes out like it is suppose too, I think a trip to the park may be in order. That is unless there are any reported cases of swine flu on the particular jungle gym...

5 comments:

  1. i am paranoid too! i'm at school now waiting to greet my 26 little germy darlings! plus the hundreds of other children that are feet away from me. i'm scared to death with me being pregnant too. guess how many times i wash my hands?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are worried as well. My husband loves Mexican ice cream and he will not buy any until its over. I think thats a little over the top considering it is probably made in some factory in Iowa but we are trying to take every precaution.

    Nice picture of the hands. Sick!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to err on the side of caution:) I'm probably not going to take Soph to Jump! Gymnastics today either for the same reason. She chews on all the balls in the ball pit, tries to eat the beams..etc. It's not worth it. I'll be taking her down to the park instead..she loves the swings!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. eww!! yea--sound like a good day for independent activities!! How about a walk in the park instead??

    ...and EEEE!!!!! how did I miss the news until now??? CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm paranoid about it as well. Yucky bad.

    Where have I been, I just read the words PREGNANT on this post and had to go back a post or two and see your announcement. Dang, I'm sorry I missed this.
    CONGRATULATIONS girl, I'm so happy for you guys.
    Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete