Monday, May 25, 2009

A Perfectly Lazy Holiday

It's not often that Eric and I get to spend a Monday at home together, so when we discovered we had no plans this Memorial Day (we had a BBQ the day before)...we decided to take advantage of the rainy day by doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! All of us are still in our pj's and we just got done watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I had to refresh my memory since Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince comes out in July! Woohoo!


After Harry Potter wrapped up, Eric turned on some random Travel channel show on Hot Dogs around the world. I am usually not a huge hotdog fan, but when I caught a glimpse of a big old corn dog...I wanted one NOW! Damn pregnancy cravings. So I sent Eric to Jewel to get us some of these...


Let me just tell you...that was the best freaking corn dog I have ever had! And speaking of food and cravings, I recently saw an Olive Garden commercial and realized that Eric and I hadn't been there in a really long time. But the thought of packing up Addie and driving 35 minutes to the closest one didn't seem really appealing today. I mean come on...I would have to get out of my jammies! So I downloaded the recipe for Garlic Shrimp Caprese and decided I am going to make it home tonight.


I'll let you know how that turns out :-) All in all, I would say this was the PERFECT holiday for us. Addie took 2 naps, Howie took 3, we ate about 3,000 calories apiece and I just saw that Runaway Bride starts in an hour. WOOHOO! Feels like Mother's Day all over again :-)

4 comments:

  1. lol you're too funny :) glad you enjoyed your day and sorry about the rain. we had a beautiful sunny day up here - and we're only like 100 miles north! i never understood that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh sounds like the perfect day! I can not wait until HP comes out and while I don't really like hot dogs, corn dogs are a totally different story!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn you Jen...now I am craving a corndog and the Olive Garden. Pregnancy cravings are contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't go wrong with corndogs!

    ReplyDelete