Wednesday, May 27, 2009

You Convinced Me...Bermudas It Is

After a very positive review of Bermudas from all of my blogger and real life friends, I decided to go in search of the perfect pair. Since I wanted (needed) to stick with maternity styles, I went on a little shopping trip to Gap (one of my favorite maternity and non-maternity destinations) and guess what I found...CAPRIS!!! 


So of course I bought these because as I said before, capris are a staple in my summer wardrobe. But I felt sort of guilty not giving Bermudas a try so I slipped a pair on. They only had two sizes on the rack and one happened to be mine! It was meant to be :-) But when I put them on, they were huge! I needed to go a size down. Let me just tell you...even if I didn't like them on...I would have still bought them because they were a size smaller. I am sure the roominess had something to do with the style but oh well. Aren't they cute?


What I liked best about them was that they weren't suction cupped to my meaty (YES...meaty) thighs. They were the right amount of baggy and they actually made my legs look skinny! I was also happy that they came with a demi panel instead of a full panel. For those of you who don't know maternity styles, the demi panel is much more versatile because you can wear it all throughout your pregnancy (and after).


I was a bit bummed that they didn't have my size in the store but thanks to Gap.com...I was able to get them in my size!!! And while I was there, I thought I might as well pick up a pair of Bermudas for Addie too. Aren't these adorable? Now her and I can match.


Thanks again for all the help with this "crucial" decision friends. As soon as UPS arrives, I will be the proud owner of my first pair of Bermudas. I am moving up in the fashion world. My next quest is a very cute everyday maxi dress that has a little room for a tummy. It doesn't need to be maternity (since so many of the maxi dress styles are already empire waisted) but it has to have room. Any thoughts??

3 comments:

  1. Cute finds! I am glad you were able to find both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. Glad you like them! You will have to show them to us on you once they come it. Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell in love with your blog a while back but I ESPECIALLY loved the post about the daisy dukes!! So cute!!!! I enjoy reading your posts and your family is so precious! I wanted to nominate YOU for Queen of All things!!! Keep up the good work!!!

    ps...even though I am due on MOnday, I think I am still going to order some of those bermudas from gap for the summer while I work off the excess baby belly!!

    ReplyDelete