Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Be Careful What You Wish For

For weeks, Addie and I have been looking out the window at the rain wishing for a warm, sunny summer day. We have had a few this year, but I can count them all on one hand. So when the weather man said it was finally going to be warm and sunny this week, we were thrilled! That meant time at the beach, pool, park...anywhere but the house. But like every other season in Illinois, there is no such thing as a happy-medium. It is either cold and rainy, or hotter than a mother *&%$#@. Last night, I sadly watched Tom Skilling announce that there was a heat advisory in effect for most of the Midwest. Sweet. These were the temperatures at 12:00 today...before they had reached their max. And we were already in the 90s! 


Needless to say, the heat index of 105 ruined our beach plans today :-( Boo! But...it did give me a reason to stay home and start a new project!!! Last week, thanks to some awesome coupons, I was able to pick up Addie's new convertible crib and dresser from Babies R Us. I knew I wanted to get started on the transition from playroom to bedroom sometime this summer, and since my parents were nice enough to come over and set up BOTH pieces of furniture for Eric and I while we were out of town this past weekend (did I mention how awesome my parents are?), the room was ready for me to get started! Here is the set I picked out... 


This is the Casual White set by Carter's and I LOVE it! It is so cute and looks just perfect in her new bedroom (disregard the bedding in the picture). I also love how cute the crib looks as a toddler bed, which is important since we will be switching to a toddler bed eventually.

And since I did bring up the big question of where to place the new baby, I thought I should let you all know that we decided to put the new baby in the bedroom next to ours (Addie's current nursery). I thought everyone offered wonderful suggestions, but in the end I know that Addie is a light sleeper and if I have the opportunity to keep the babies separated for at least the first year or two...I think it is a good idea. Plus, this just means that I will get to redecorate another room down the road in a year or two. Ha!

Anyway, the big playroom/bedroom transition is underway and I can't WAIT to show pictures. I still have some work to do but I will post pictures as soon as I am finished. And considering there is ANOTHER heat advisory for tomorrow, I may be done sooner than later :-) 

2 comments:

  1. Love Addie's set! And I know about the heat! It's supposed to be 92 tomorrow...so our zoo plans got canceled! :( I'm so bummed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're with ya Jen! It is a scorcher down here! Take a look at your map the upper left hand side of LA...98 and feels like 115 is so humid!!! So we are inside too:( Hopefully we will get a break soon!

    ReplyDelete