Monday, June 29, 2009

A Creepy Glitch

Now that Addie is in her new room, I thought it was time to upgrade to a new monitor. Thanks to lots of awesome reviews (and a great coupon), I finally bit the bullet and bought the Summer Infant Day & Night Video Monitor.


I have wanted a video monitor for a long time and since Addie is approaching the age where she might start escaping from the crib, I thought it would be nice to be able to see what she is doing in her room, instead of just hearing. 

Anyway, the first night we used the monitor, Eric and I couldn't stop watching her. It was SO fun to be able to see her sleep and know what she is doing. But when we moved the monitor from the family room to our bedroom, the screen got very fuzzy and then the picture cleared up. But...the picture was NOT OF ADDIE'S CRIB! It was some other baby's crib in our neighborhood. We could see it clear as day. We moved the monitor around the room and the picture finally switched back to Addie's room. Needless to say, Eric and I were pretty freaked out that not only could we see into some other baby's room, but someone might be able to see into Addie's room!

The next day, I switched to the only other channel on the monitor to see if that helped but when I did, I could see ANOTHER crib! I know it is possible for monitors to cross paths every once and a while and even though I can get over someone being able to hear into my baby's room, I can NOT get over someone being able to see into my baby's room. So...I returned the monitor today :-( I am actually very sad because I was really happy with this monitor when I got it and if it weren't for that one creepy glitch, I would definitely keep it and give it 5 out of 5 stars. But...I am now on a search for a new digital video monitor that offers a little more privacy. I will be sure to let you know what I find.

Does anyone else own this or any other video monitor? Have you had problems or have you found a different one that you love? Any advice would be much appreciated :-)

4 comments:

  1. I never got one of those because I thought about that! What if a kidnapper bought one of those monitors and drove around neighborhoods trying to find babies asleep and alone in their room. No way!! I was fine with just hearing my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is FREAKY! I have the Angel Care Monitor and love it...I've never really thought about having a video monitor I'm always just getting up and checking on Sophia myself so it would do no good for me to have one..ha!

    Hope you find something that works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's a little scary that a monitor can expose a person like that. i never would have even thought about that until you mentioned this.

    Good luck finding a new one that you like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is horrible! They need to get that fixed. I just could not bear thinking that someone else could see my son. Glad you figured that out so early!

    ReplyDelete