Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cute Ways to Spice up a Ponytail

Since the ponytail is my hairstyle of choice these days, I started looking for ways to spice it up. I have found some great hair pins and ties at Target, and I also found a few awesome headbands and clips at JCrew. But after browsing though my new Anthropologie catalog, I have a new wishlist of must-have hair accessories. I think these would turn any pony tail from drab, to fab. 

Cute Headbands


You really can't go wrong with a cute headband. And since they are totally in style this season, you can find them everywhere. Although, there is something special about this Grecian style headband. I must have it.

Flower Clips


I love flower clips. I use to make my own with silk flowers from Michael's and a glue gun. But if you don't feel like getting that crafty, here is an adorable flower clip. I might have to get it in every color :-)

Embellished Hair Pins


I know...I have a little thing for flowers right now. But aren't these sweet? If flowers aren't your thing, I found some adorable pins at Target for under $2 a set.

Scrunchies


That's right friends...according to Anthrolpologie...scrunchies are back!!!! I could just kick myself for getting rid of my scrunchie collection from high school. Although, I am not sure sequined scrunchies are back in. Maybe I will stick with this paisley one for now :-)

Does anyone else have some great ponytail tricks or accessories? Someone mentioned the "bump it" once and told me my pony tail would never be the same. Does anyone own one yet? Do you agree? If so...I may be running to Walgreens tonight to get one :-)

4 comments:

  1. Is that first headband from anthropologie? I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The scrunchee. I didn't think it would ever make a comeback. Remember the episode of SATC with Berger and the scrunchee.

    Still makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I remember the episode with Berger and the scrunchee...I am the biggest SATC ever! That episode is hilarious. Especially when the tourist is wearing one and Berger points it out. She also had feathered bangs. I wonder if those will ever make a comeback...I totally rocked them :-)

    Lins - All the hair accessories in this post are from Anthropologie. I LOVE that headband too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, I don't have a bump it, but I am such a pouffy/teased ponytail kind of girl! It dresses it up a bit...and I rock a ponytail all the time now! Thanks for the new ideas! Oh and the scrunchie episode of SATC, hilarious!

    ReplyDelete