Saturday, June 20, 2009

For My Daddy-O On Father's Day

If someone asked me to list the 5 traits that describe you the best, I would say:

Loving

Being a loving father...


and Grandfather...


Seems to come so naturally for you. You have always cared more about me (and Ryan and Adam), than you do about yourself. You always put our wants and needs above your own and never ask for anything in return. This alone would make you Father of the Year in my book, Pop.


Stylish


No one in this world can rock a fro, retro-striped, fitted polo shirt and Wrangler jeans like you can Daddy-O. And I must say, my sundress and pig tails are quite cute too :-)


Talented

"Talented" isn't even a good enough word to describe what you are, but it will have to do for now. Over the years, I have kept you pretty busy with projects. Like...fixing my car (about 20 times due to accidents that were NOT my fault...okay...maybe one or two), fixing up my first townhouse, building me not one...but two fireplace mantles, and as of late...spoiling my baby girl with creations you came up with on your own. Like...

Her bassinet...


Her first sled...


And her playroom/soon-to-be bedroom. 


And what I think is most special about these projects is the fact that you  made them and I will get to cherish them forever.


Silly

And I mean silly in the most fantastic way. Dad, you are the most fun-loving guy I know. You always know how to have a good time. I mean, it was your idea for the whole family to jump in Diana's pool with our clothes on (since no one brought a bathing suit).



It was also your idea to start wearing fun PJ's to Christmas Eve every year. I don't know who's idea it was to make goofy faces in this picture, but I have a pretty good idea it was you...since you are the only one that looks normal. Jokes on us I guess :-)


I like to think I got my sense of humor from you Pop, especially since we always love the same jokes and movies. I think being silly is one of your best qualities :-)


Friendly

And I don't just mean "friendly" with people, even though you are an incredibly friendly guy. I mean this more in the sense that you are like a friend to me. You go above and beyond the role of "Dad" when it comes to me and the boys. You listen to us, talk to us, give us advice, take an interest in the things we love and most of all...you genuinely make an effort to be a part of our lives. That's what friends do...and that's what every Father should do. But not all kids are as lucky as I am to have a father like you.


So Daddy-O, this is where I need to say Thank You. Thank You for being the loving, stylish, talented, silly, friendly father you are. I honestly don't know what I would do without you. I love you with all my heart :-)

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

1 comment: