Thursday, June 25, 2009

I Heart Tori & Dean

I think when it comes to Tori Spelling...you either love her or you hate her. But I just have to say...I LOVE Tori. Is she spoiled? Completely. Is she sometimes a little annoying? Absolutely. Is she a bit overdramatic at times? Of course. So I guess that is why I love her. I am all of those things too (except I don't have millions of dollars). I have watched Tori & Dean's show since it first aired as Inn Love and I think every season gets better and better. I think that has something to do with the addition of Stella and Liam.


Also, in light of the whole sad and depressing Jon & Kate drama, I think I finally realized why I love this show. It is funny, sweet and as real as a reality show is ever going to get. Tori hides nothing. She walks around without make-up, she farts, she cries, she admits her faults, she makes fun of herself AND best of all...she acts like a real mom. Yes, she has a full-time baby nurse and she has more money than I will ever see in a lifetime...but she does struggle with all the same mommy issues as everyone else. Is she working too much, how should she handle liam's tantrums, what happens when both parents have to work at the same time, what should she cook for dinner, etc. And she never tries to pretend like her life is so normal. Her and Dean are actors, they are in the Hollywood spotlight and there is a lot of pressure. I guess I just like that they both own up to that, instead of trying to say "oh we are just like everyone else" even though you can see that they are like every other new set of parents just trying to figure things out. Anyway, I am going to get off my soap box now. I guess I just wanted to say that if you are sick of sad/depressing reality shows about family and want something to lighten the mood...check out the next episode of Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood.

And on the subject of Tori, if you are looking for an interesting summer-read, I say pick of sTORI Telling. 


I thought the book was funny and honest and gives you a lot of insight into her fantastic (and not so fantastic) life. Also, she recently published her second book, Mommywood, and I hear that is pretty funny too. I haven't read it yet, but I did pick it up at Target and I will let you all know what I think when I am done :-)


So...anyone else a Tori Spelling fan?

13 comments:

  1. love this show! But unfortunately I don't get the channel it comes on so I have to watch episodes on my parents DVR when I visit them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen this show. I must not get the channel. I will try and catch it when it comes out on DVD. I really like Tori. Beverly Hills 90210 used to be my fav. I will have to put those books on my list of ones to read. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Tori and I watch the show every chance I get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhhh...I am FULLY obsessed with Tori Spelling. Really, is it weird that I was thinking J could just call me "T"?

    I heart here. Read the first book last year and loved it. I am reading Mommywood right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE her and Dean... I agree with everything you said...AND I downloaded both books to my kindle so I can read them on vacay! I can't wait!!!

    PS... Did you ever choose a double stroller?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is this post which fully confirms that you and I were meant to be bff's. It is my secret wish that every time I turn on the TV, an episode of Tori and Dean will be airing so my reality TV quota of the day will be filled!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy I am not the only Tori Spelling fan! Maybe I should start posting about them in place of J&K :-)

    And Mando...J can call you "T", but I am going to start calling Eric, Dean. I swear they were separated at birth. From the motorcycle riding to the horniness (sorry...TMI), they are a match made in bromance heaven :-)

    Chelle - As if we needed another reason to be wanna-be real life BFFs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kate - By the way...you won't regret getting those books. They are so fun. Oh, and I can't decide if I am more jealous that you have a Kindle, or the fact that you are going on vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Tori! I think she shows exactly who she is. I remember one show where she was worried about Dean spending time with his sexy scuba partner girl and Tori said he cheated on his wife with her, so how can she not be worried. It was so real and honest. They've never hidden the way they got together and I think they're soul mates. They were meant for each other. That's what I think!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wasn't a big Tori fan when 90210 was on but I've got to say, Tori and Dean, Home Sweet Hollywood is one of my guilty pleasures. It's fun to watch, especially since my son is also named Liam.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Love LOVE Tori! I love the show, I love her books so yes, you could say I'm a fan! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them too! Yay! You can just blog about them! :0) I love the Real Housewives... except the ones from Atlanta, can't stand them! I'm a Reality Junkie! I love Kathy Griffin too...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just told my hubby that if I was going to be a celebrity, it would be Tori! Haha! She is just real and I think they are going to be one reality show couple that makes it. Love them!

    ReplyDelete